The 22nd annual Cycle for Shelter will take place on Sunday, July 25, 2010 at Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, MA. The ride benefits Emmaus Inc. a non-profit that has been providing shelter, services and affordable housing to homeless men, women and children since 1985.
- Cycle for Shelter has been ranked one of the top rides in the United States by Bicycling Magazine.
- Century, Metric Century, Half Century and Weekend Warrior (20 mile) scenic routes. The day is planned by cyclists for cyclists and is fully supported.
- Modest registration fees and fundraising.
- Cycle for Shelter is a popular first century or metric century whilst still offering many challenges for more experienced riders. The well-marked routes are sprinkled with checkpoints and roving support vehicles and covered by radio communications.
- A delicious barbeque, complimentary massages, foot treatments and shower facilities await cyclists at the finish on the scenic Haverhill campus of Northern Essex Community College.
- Emmaus is recognized as a model for providing long term solutions to homelessness. 90 cents of every dollar goes directly to the programs. With homelessness on the increase the funds raised help Emmaus increase the number of shelter spaces for people with no where else to turn.
- For more information and to register go to: http://www.emmausinc.org/cycle.htm or e-mail Rachel@emmausinc.org
- This ride participates in the MassBike charity ride partner program.
Do you like this post?