- Infrastructure built with cyclists of all ages and abilities in mind
- Construction (not just design) of a new "West Station" with rapid rail connections to downtown and Kendall Square
- A (safe) replacement for the Franklin St Overpass between Lincoln St and Cambridge St
- New parkland along the Charles River (an "Allston Esplanade")
- A connection under the BU Bridge between the Boston and Cambridge paths of the Charles River at the Grand Junction Rail Bridge
- Extension of Babcock and Malvern Streets over the new Pike to create north-south connections and reduce congestion on Brighton Ave and Harvard Ave
- Allston residents and neighbors (not just drivers on the Pike going through Allston) considered in the rebuild
Come to The Jackson Mann Community Center Auditorium at 500 Cambridge Street in Allston on Thursday at 6:30 PM and let them know this is an unprecedented opportunity to reconnect the neighborhood and fully address all transportation needs. Find more information on our calendar.
Come and speak up for cyclists, and send this to anyone you know who wants the Pike rebuilt with bikes and bike safety in mind.
You can also come earlier at 4:00 PM to the Jackson Mann for a presentation by the Boston Society of Architects. Two design teams will share their ideas for how to build a new neighborhood in the land opened up by the interchange realignment.