MassBike is seeking passionate and engaging cycling instructors to implement our “Safe Routes to Schools" and other bicycle education clinics and workshops. MassBike works in local schools systems and community centers to host both on-bike and presentation-style. Specifically, we provide on-bike education for 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th graders as well as adults and seniors throughout Massachusetts. Cycling instructors are trained on MassBike curriculum and implement programs along with other MassBike staff.
We are especially seeking instructors in the following regions:
- Connecticut River Valley
- Cape Cod
- Provide youth and adult instruction on safe and legal bicycling, and basic bicycle maintenance and repairs
- Work with our partners in the school systems and community centers in Cambridge, Greater Boston, and throughout Massachusetts
- Keep track of youth participation and inventory materials
- Provide regular assessments of participants to track data points for grant deliverables
Public speaking in group dynamics and communication skills are critical. An appreciation of bicycle culture is especially important. Personal skills and the ability to work with a team are particularly appreciated.
- Must pass a CORI and SORI background check
- Must be able to ride a bicycle proficiently
- Must be excited to work with youth and adults of all backgrounds
- Must be professional, friendly, and outgoing
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of settings, including outdoors
- Must be reliable, consistent, organized and prompt
- Experience in educational settings is not required but will be considered
- Experience with bicycle maintenance and repair skills is not required but will be considered
This is a part-time position, ranging between 5-20 hours a week, including weekdays, weekday afternoons/evenings, and weekends. Depending on the current program, hours may go up to 30hrs per week based on staff availability and capacity.
How to apply:
- Please send inquiries and a detail of your work experience to [email protected]
MassBike is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBT persons, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.