Please join our pals with the Friends of the Columbia Greenway Rail Trail for a public meeting on the redevelopment of Western Avenue in Westfield.
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Doors Open at 6.30pm, Meeting Begins at 7:00pm
Westfield Middle School South, 30 West Silver Street, Westfield, MA 01085
The redevelopment of Western Avenue is a unique and critical opportunity to design for our future. This main thoroughfare exhibits all the criteria of a project highly suited to multi-modal, safe accommodation including:
- It is a main access route to/from the Columbia Greenway Rail Trail
- It is a major link in Westfield's transportation system, serving east-west travel
- It has ample right-of-way
- It is a connector between major destinations including BayState Noble Hospital, Westfield State University, Westfield YMCA, Stanley Park, Highland Elementary School, downtown, off-campus (WSU) student housing, Amelia Park campus (including Amelia Park, Amelia Park Ice Arena, and Amelia Park Children's Museum), Boys and Girls Club of Greater Westfield, Westfield Middle School South, and more.
Moreover, a forward thinking design for Western Avenue is one which will:
- Promote healthy & active lifestyles
- Create a sense of community & connectedness
- Promote a vibrant & creative local economy, and
- Provide safe & equitable (all ages, all abilities) access to viable, active, alternative transportation routes.
Add your voice to supporting a forward thinking approach to Western Avenue.
Do you like this post?