- Safe Routes to School Instructors
- Bike Rodeo Coordinators
- Classroom Instructors
- Bike Valet
- Bike-ability Assessors
MassBike Cycling Instructor
MassBike is seeking a passionate and self-directed person to work with 1-2 other staff members to implement our “Safe Routes to Schools" and other bicycle education clinics and workshops. MassBike works in local schools systems and community centers to implement both on-bike and presentation style to provide on-bike education for 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th graders as well as adults in Cambridge, Greater Boston, and throughout Massachusetts. Staff report to the Executive Director, and implement programs along with the Executive Director and other staff.
- Provide youth and adult instruction on safe and legal bicycling, and basic bicycle maintenance and repairs
- Work with our partners in the school systems and community centers in Cambridge, Greater Boston, and throughout Massachusetts
- Keep track of youth participation and inventory materials
- Provide regular assessments of participants to track data points for grant deliverables
Public speaking in group dynamics and communication skills are critical. An appreciation of bicycle culture is especially important. Personal skills and the ability to work with a team are particularly appreciated.
- Must pass a CORI and SORI background check
- Must be able to ride a bicycle proficiently
- Must be excited to work with youth and adults of all backgrounds
- Must be professional, friendly, and outgoing
- Must be comfortable working in a variety of settings, including outdoors
- Must be reliable, consistent, organized and prompt
- Experience in educational settings is not required but will be considered
- Experience with bicycle maintenance and repair skills is not required but will be considered
This is a part-time position of 10-20 hours a week, including weekdays, weekday afternoons/evenings, and some weekends. Depending on the current program, hours may go up to 30-40hrs per week based on staff availability and capacity.
How to apply:
Please send inquiries and a detail of your work experience to [email protected]
MassBike is an equal employment opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBT persons, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.