Beginning on May 1st, Bay State Bike Month returns for another year of bike-friendly celebrations across the Commonwealth! The MassBike team is gearing up to join events across the State and we're looking forward to experiencing all the #BikeJoy.
We want to see how your community is celebrating Bike Month. Please share photos by tagging us on social media or sending them to [email protected]. We may feature them in an upcoming email or a Bike Month blog.
Bay State Bike Month depends on support from our generous sponsors. Thank you for keeping Bike Month Rolling in 2023:
- Platinum Sponsors: Biogen, HubLuv, Lyft
- Gold Sponsors: Harvard Transportation & Parking
- Silver Sponsors: Alexandria, Helen & William Mazer Foundation, Landry’s Bicycles, WS Development
- Bronze Sponsors: Alta Revolution, Assembly Connect, Boynton Yards, DivcoWest, Longwood Collective, MathWorks, UMass Transportation Center
A list of bike-friendly events across the State can be found on the Bay State Bike Month Calendar! If you're hosting a bike-related event this May, submit it today to be featured in an upcoming Bike Month email & on MassBike's social media channels.
Read on to learn about our Bike Month Photo Challenges and how you can win cool prizes by riding your bike!
Bike Month Photo Challenges
Our Bike Month Photo Challenges are back for 2023! This year, our "Carry It With You" and "Be a Bike Buddy" challenges return, to encourage you to show off our bike hauls and get riding with your best bike buds. This year, the challenges will run for the entire month and both come with chances to win cool prizes!
How to Join the Challenges:
- Take a photo of something you've carried by bike this May or snap a selfie during a bike ride with your favorite bike bud.
- Submit your photo by posting on social media and tagging @MassBike or emailing it to [email protected]. Please include a few words describing the story of your ride with us!
- Carry It With You - a basket from Nantucket Bike Basket Co.
- Be a Bike Buddy - two bike locks from Kryptonite & two Bay State Bike Month T-shirts (one for the winner & one for the bike bud)
Support Bay State Bike Month
We hope you consider making a tax-deductible donation in support of Bay State Bike Month. $20, $50, or even $100 will go a long way to help us bring out new riders and raise awareness about bicycling for transportation, fitness, and fun!
Donate $100 or more and you’ll receive a 2023 Bay State Bike Month t-shirt.