Learn the tips and tricks of keeping your bike clean and happy from MassBike Executive Director, Galen Mook. Giving your bike a regular cleaning makes sure it will keep you rolling for miles to come. In this workshop, Galen breaks done the direct on the deep cleaning know-how while sticking to the bascis, without needing a lot of space of fancy equipment.
Want to follow along as you watch? Check out the Galen's Bike Cleaning Materials List below the video & grab your bike for a good cleaning.
Galen’s Bike Cleaning Materials List
- Simple Green (diluted) or Green Fizz (bike specific wash)
- Bike-Specific Degreaser
- WD-40 (sparingly, you will need to regrease after using)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Thin “Dry” lube
- Thicker “Wet” or “Wax” lube
- Thin lube in a spray can.
Rags and Brushes
- Preferably an old bike month t-shirt for rags
- Plastic bristle brush (not metal)
- Pieces of cardboard to get in between cogs.
- Watering can (preferably with warm water)
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter