The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike) promotes a bicycle-friendly environment and encourages bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation.
A signature program of MassBike is providing bike valet to civic organizations and in support of major events throughout the state, and especially in the Connecticut River Valley. This innovative program encourages biking to community events and creating a safe and secure environment for all bikes, big and small. The Bike Valet Coordinator will work with MassBike staff and volunteers to support our bike valet program. This is a part-time, seasonal position from May to September 2022.
- Corresponding with potential bike valet clients, expanding the number of bike valet events
- Recruiting and organizing volunteers for bike valet events and other community events
- Working at each bike valet event to ensure that it is smooth and successful
- Working with the MassBike Communications Coordinator to post about bike valets pre and post-event on CTRV listserv, MassBike blog & social media channels
- Coordinating the billing for events with MassBike
Helping with programming and events
- Instruction on bike safety and riding (ex. bike rodeos)
- Helping to organize for Bike Month
- LightsBrigade (our bike lights distribution program)
Required skills or abilities
- Ability to manage events, volunteers and clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, and basic spreadsheet skills
- Proficient in social media
- Experience in public and professional settings
- Ability to work on tasks independently, set personal and professional goals, and manage time
- Ability to get around the state, and especially the Connecticut River Valley to attend meetings, events and/or perform outreach
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs of weight
- Passion for bicycling (you do not need to be an experienced bicyclist, or own spandex!)
- Comfortable with public engagement
- Proficient in Google Docs and similar spreadsheet for data management
- Organized, with good follow-through
- $18 an hour
Ongoing professional development opportunities, including:
- Networking with MassBike volunteers and professionals in a variety of fields, including but not limited to urban planning, transportation and nonprofits
- Bike instructor training
This is a part-time, seasonal position from May 2022 - September 2022, with an average of about 5 hours per week of remote office work, with an expected additional 5-10 hours working select valet events on evenings and weekends.
- Submit a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected].
The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. MassBike encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in withFacebook Twitter