Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike) is the statewide bicycle advocacy organization working for better biking in Massachusetts since 1977. We are a 501c3 nonprofit organization focused on advocacy and education.
We are growing our team. Working as our Development & Marketing Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to help us increase our capacity so we can grow our reach and our impact. This staff person will report to the Executive Director. Though we expect significant in-state travel is required for this role, currently all MassBike staff are working remotely and are not traveling.
Development, Donor Relations, and Database Management
- Maintain member database (currently in Nationbuilder platform)
- Coordinate and implement donor appreciation and stewardship, including cultivating potential donors and corporate partners to diversify and increase our philanthropic support
- Create and implement plans to diversify and expand donor base with support from Executive Director and Board
- Oversee management of reporting for contracts, including grant reports and support from foundations
Communications, Outreach, and Engagement
- Craft communications in keeping with MassBike's mission to bring better bicycling to all riders throughout Massachusetts
- Develop and coordinate a communications calendar including e-newsletter, website content, social media posts, and public reports
- Guide and implement the promotion of local and statewide organizational events, rides, meetings, classes, convenings, and webinars
- Prepare monthly reports on web traffic and other key communication metrics
- Represent MassBike’s statewide efforts to regional partners and build capacity for local advocacy for partner organizations
- Supervise and collaborate with interns and volunteers, who support MassBike in areas such as data management, prospect research, administrative responsibilities, and special projects
- 2-3 years of combined work and volunteer experience in fundraising (including database management), event planning, marketing, and communications (including social media and website management)
- Love of bicycling and bicycle cultures (biking skills and spandex not required)
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to frequently travel to communities across Massachusetts
- Can-do attitude, takes initiative, highly adaptable, collaborative team player who is also comfortable working independently
- Organized, demonstrates high attention to detail
- Adept at building relationships internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English
- Experience and comfort working with diverse communities
Nice to have
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
- Engagement with community organizing and/or grassroots advocacy
- Familiarity with Nationbuilder for databases and websites
- Knowledge of Massachusetts bicycling advocacy and active transportation issues
- Bi-lingual (especially frequently spoken language in Massachusetts)
This is a full-time, exempt position with frequent evening and weekend work required. The annual salary for this role is in the $40k-50k range, commensurate with experience. Benefits include retirement contribution and stipend toward health insurance.
Diversity & Nondiscrimination statement
MassBike is an equal opportunity employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the people of Massachusetts, which places an emphasis on populations most impacted by health inequities. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ persons, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please apply by Friday October 2, 2020. Complete the application form, and include a resume, reference list, and responses to a couple of questions to [email protected] Cover letters and work samples are encouraged. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through October 2.
We anticipate that a gradual return to the office and traveling will occur at some point in 2020 or 2021, depending on public health guidance. As a return to the office occurs, this position can be based out of our downtown Boston office or based out of a home office elsewhere in Massachusetts. Availability for occasional early morning, evening, or weekend hours required. We are seeking an October 2020 start date.
If you’ve got questions, please contact [email protected]
Date posted: August 20, 2020
Date last edited: September 28, 2020