You don’t need to be a racer to take part in the Longsjo Classic. 2016 marks the inaugural Longsjo Legends Ride, a non-competitive event featuring 25 and 50 mile loops over quiet country roads.
- Ride with Legends! Past Longsjo champions & cycling luminaries expected to take part …. stay tuned for more details
- Start-Line Send-Off! At 11:15, June 26, the inaugural Longsjo Legends ride rolls out from the legendary downtown Fitchburg race course, with a police escort out of town.
- 25 and 50 mile loops! Peaceful, low-traffic, signed routes over rolling terrain, with stocked rest stops
- Post-Ride Refuel! Entry includes $5 of coupons for the event's food trucks – chow-down after the ride while watching the elite Women’s & Men’s races
- Take the Train! Start & finish times allow hopping the MBTA to/from Fitchburg Station, just a few blocks from the event
Maybe you raced the Longsjo Classic in the past, like tens of thousands have since 1960. Or maybe you’ve come to watch or volunteer. Maybe you’re a regular on some of New England’s century, touring, or fondo rides. Or perhaps you’re just giving cycling a first try. The Longsjo Legends ride is for you.
Proceeds to benefit MassBike