A second round of public meetings on design work for the Northern Strand Community Trail are scheduled in your area and we need your support!
The public is encourage to attend any (or all) of the 5 public meetings set during the month of November for the Northern Strand Community Trail starting tonight, Monday November 5. In February, the state announced it would award $1.5 million for design work which includes design improvements for sections of the trail which are already open as well as the long sought after extension through Lynn. The funding will also be used to extend the trail in Everett through the Wynn Casino property will it will eventually make a critical connection to trails heading into Boston.
This connection is critical for local families, commuters, and casual riders to connect to the larger region and to get to where they need to go by bike safely. We encourage you to attend the following upcoming meetings:
- Malden: Monday, Nov. 5, 6 p.m., in the Malden Senior Center cafeteria, 7 Washington Street in Malden, Mass.
- Saugus: Wednesday, Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m., in the Saugus Town Hall auditorium, 298 Central Street, Saugus, Mass.
- Revere: Thursday, Nov. 15, 6 p.m., Revere Police Department, 400 Revere Beach Parkway, Revere, Mass.
- Everett: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6:30 p.m., at the Edward G. Connolly Center, 90 Chelsea St., Everett, Mass.
- Lynn: Wednesday, Nov 28, 6:30 p.m., Lynn City Hall, 3 City Hall Square, Lynn, Mass.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter