Presented by Minuteman Road Club - Sponsored by Wachusett Brewery
You don’t need to be a racer to take part in the Longsjo Classic. 2017 marks the 2nd Longsjo Legends Ride, a non-competitive event featuring 25 and 50 mile loops on spectacular country roads.
- For Good Causes! All event proceeds go to charitable causes, thanks to the volunteer efforts of the Miinuteman Road Club and the non-profit Longsjo Foundation.
- Ride with Legends! Past Longsjo champions & cycling luminaries expected to take part …. stay tuned for more details
- Start-Line Send-Off! At 10:45, June 25, the Longsjo Legends ride rolls out from the legendary downtown Fitchburg race course, starting with a leisurely lap of the race course before heading out of town
- 27 and 50 mile loops! Blissfully quiet back roads north to Ashby & southern NH with stocked rest stops. All rides/riders start together. Maps: 27 mile loop & 50 mile loop (both subject to change)
- Post-Ride Refuel! Entry includes $10 of coupons for the event's food trucks, plus a Longsjo Lager at the Boulder Cafe (with expanded outdoor seating race-day), both located right at Fitchburg's upper common. Share ride stories while chowing down course-side and watch the elite Women’s & Men’s races
- Maybe you raced the Longsjo Classic in the past, like tens of thousands have since 1960. Or maybe you’ve come to watch or volunteer. Maybe you’re a regular on some of New England’s century, touring, or fondo rides. Or perhaps you’re just giving cycling a first try. The Longsjo Legends ride is for you.
The Longsjo Legends ride to benefit charitable partners