Up for a challenge? Consider this event hosted by our Pioneer Valley Chapter!
Gather together a team of 3 to 5 riders to pedal roughly 115 km (including some dirt roads) with 5,700' of climbing. Every team will be required to stay together, and be self-supportive over the course. Teams will head out at staggered start times based on self selection (with slower teams heading out earlier and faster teams later, with hopes all will arrive back to the finish at roughly the same time). These times will be assigned beforehand, with the earliest start around 9:30 am and the latest at noon.
While the exact route won't be revealed until the day before the event, we can let you in on a little secret; it's going to include 3 peaks! We do suggest that each team has at least one GPS unit or other handlebar mounted navigation device. GPX files and cue sheets will be provided, but the route WILL NOT be marked. It is expected that every team follows the assigned course.
The Challenge starts, and ends, at our good friends Black Birch Vineyards, and will take in a hefty portion of the Pioneer Valley. Post ride we will all gather there for food provided by The People's Pint, swap stories about the day, and bask in the afterglow!
All proceeds from the day will go to MassBike to support and encourage cycling here in Massachusetts.
Your entry includes:
- The opportunity to test your mettle against both the 3 Peaks Adventure Challenge and the other teams participating
- Bagels and coffee provided by the Tandem Bagel Company at the start
- Refreshing Maple water provided by DRINKmaple
- Dinner post-ride provided by The People's Pint (additional meal tickets available for friends and family)
- Desert provided by Sweet Spoken
- One raffle ticket for prizes from Blackburn, The Northampton Brewery, Pioneer Valley Frameworks, MassBike, and Speed and Sprocket Cycle Works (additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase)
Please note that this is a team event, and riders must register as a team. If you want to participate and need help finding a team, please reach out to us at [email protected]