MassBike was awarded grant funding through the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s (MassCEC) new Accelerating Clean Transportation for All (ACT4All) Program to conduct a 2-year program to distribute electric bicycles and track their usage amongst select populations in the City of Worcester. We will lead a team including the Worcester Chamber of Commerce, community-based organizations, and the Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (CMRPC) to deploy the e-bikes to low-income residents throughout Worcester. Applications for the program are now live & can be found below. As the program continues, this page will be updated with current project information.
The program will determine approximately one hundred riders in the Worcester area to receive bicycles, train riders through safe cycling and maintenance courses, and coordinate community events to encourage everyday riding.
- May 2022 - Program application launch
- Thursday, June 30th - Applications Due
- June 2022 - Program participants selected
- July 2022 - E-Bikes distributed to participants
Applications for the Worcester E-Bike Rider Program are now open. Please note: this program is only for people for live and/or work in the city of Worcester and are 18+ years old.
The application is available in English, Albanian, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Nepali, Spanish, Swahili, and Vietnamese at the link below.
Applications are due Thursday, June 30th. Apply here: Worcester E-Bike Rider Program Application
Want to learn more? Email Alex at [email protected] for more information.
- “Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition starting Worcester e-bike program” (Spectrum News1 - 06/10/2022)
- "MassBike giving away 100 free electric bikes to Worcester residents, workers; Here's how you can get one" (MassLive - 05/26/2022)
- "Green Program Offering Free E-Bikes To Worcester Residents" (thisweekinworcester.com - 05/24/2022)
- “Worcester MassBike Program Provides Free E-Bikes to Low Income Residents” (WBZ NewsRaidio 1030 - 04/05/2022
- “How Massachusetts is getting electric vehicles, e-bikes to low-income populations” (Worcester Telegram & Gazette - 03/31/2022)
- "Mass. Clean Energy Center Awards $3 Million to New E-Bike Subsidy Programs" (Streetsblog MASS - 03/09/2022)
- "E-Bikes For Worcester Residents: Grant Funds Test Program" (Patch - 03/08/2022)