The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike) promotes a bicycle-friendly environment and encourages bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation.
A signature program of MassBike is “Lights Brigade” which empowers volunteers across the state to distribute free bike lights to cyclists in need. The Lights Brigade intern would work closely with the MassBike Communications Coordinator to coordinate lights brigade volunteers and distribute bike lights to event hosts.
This is a part-time, seasonal position from October to December 2022 with the possibility to extend.
- Working with the MassBike Communications Coordinator to coordinate shipping of lights to event hosts
- Corresponding with lights brigade hosts and volunteers
- Recruiting and organizing volunteers for lights brigade events
- Working with the MassBike Communications Coordinator to coordinate the promotion of lights brigade events
- Working with the MassBike Communications Coordinator to organize Lights Brigade photos and data submitted but event hosts/volunteers
Required skills or abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, and basic spreadsheet skills
- Proficient in social media
- Experience in public and professional settings
- Ability to work on tasks independently, set personal and professional goals and manage time
- Ability to work from downtown Boston
- Passion for making Massachusetts a better region for living and biking
- Passion for bicycling (you do not need to be an experienced bicyclist, or own spandex!)
- Proficient in Google Docs and similar spreadsheet for data management
- Organized, with good follow-through
- $18 an hour
Ongoing professional development opportunities, including:
- Networking with MassBike volunteers and professionals in a variety of fields, including but not limited to urban planning, transportation and nonprofits
This is a part-time, seasonal position from October 2022 - December 2022, with an average of about 5 hours per week of office work at MassBike's office in downtown Boston. With the possibility to extend to supporting other MassBike program work.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
The Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. MassBike encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter